Sunday, May 30, 2010

Week 2 for d

Well, yet another week here at the academy. The weather has been all over the place from big wind to rain to warm sun. During the week I learned about laws, ammendments and other codes of ethics the rangers live by. Though it was a lot of class work, it was very interesting. And I finally figured out what that squiggly mark means next to stuff like 18 USC (squiggly mark) 205. At any rate, we had fun and learned how to be effective and not get ourselves sued. We went on a hike to a place called "Carrot head" which is a pictograph image. We had some fun and enjoyed nature at the request of our chief.




At the end of this week we practiced loading, unloading and our draws with our firearms. Though it took all day, I don't think there was a single cadet that wasn't enjoying it. We had to put a penny on our front sight and practice pulling our triggers (unloaded weapon of course) as many times as possible without it falling off. I got 24 and was happy with that! I went to the temple Saturday and enjoyed the rest of the weekend (as I am doing so now) as best as possible. Well, hope to have another good week and can't wait for this upcoming weekend! =]

2 comments:

Kim said...

But I noticed you didn't tell us what it means- is that a secret part of the code... or just a guideline?

david and christina said...

It just means code. So if you saw it in a document it means that the number refers to a specific code within the law listed like 18 USC