So I promised David that I would finally update our blog. We got married in the Sacramento Temple on Thursday, August 21, 2008. It was fun and intimate with just the two families. Everyone looked so great in gold and ivory and even though it was probably 90 degrees everyone smiled for the pictures...

well when they were supposed to. Then we had a picnic dinner from Subway and had fun.
August 22, 2008

This was the day of our reception. We had so much to do... I had make-up, fill the car, reload all the clothes, pick up flowers, frame the picture that the temple gave up and get to the club in Fairfield at 4:00. We had our reception at Green Valley Country Club. The location was beautiful and everything went smoothly. The bridal party flowers were by Garventas and were fabulous (I fell in love with them).

The rest of the flowers arrived by Ann Ellis. Then the cupcakes came!! Pretty soon our two hour prep time had flown by and we got to hide out in the locker rooms! The ring ceremony was perfect and short by Bishop Mills! Then the party began. David and I had our first dance to "So This is Love" from Cinderella and then the entire bridal party waltzed to "So This is Love" by James Ingram. We ate an Italian style dinner. After dinner, the maid of honor, TOvae and the best man, Andrew, gave their toasts. And between the two of them everyone one was crying and laughing. They both did a great job! For the father-daughter dance I wanted to tease my dad and they started playing the chicken dance when he got out on the floor, but then we danced to "I Loved her First" by Heartland. And everyone was crying. We cut our cute four tiered little miniture cake and passed out the cupcakes. We had chocolate dipped chocolate and vanilla with a buttery swirled frosting! Thanks Kari for making the sugar gold hearts to go on them! Everyone was dancing and having fun, I hope!
Just a little note... Thank you for all coming! The professional pictures are coming soon. These were from David's Aunt Mary!
2 comments:
OH my GOODNESS i looooove it and everything about it and your cruise pictures are fabulous! looks like you had soo much fun i love you and am so happy for you :) lets hang out as married friends :) xoxox
yay!! I am so glad you have a blog! I'm glad your wedding went well. I love the colors!!! You looked gorgeous!!
Post a Comment