Hello everyone. Just thought I would post about my first 2 days at the NPS SLETP academy in CO. It is quite different being back in a single dorm but luckily I am one of about 6 here (19 cadets total) that are married so we join in the weird feelings. The first day was a lot of instruction and paperwork (I count the first day as Monday since Sunday we were all attempting to get our bearings). We discussed fitness tests, field studies and uniforms. Then we received our uniforms and duty weapons were issued out (not physically just on paper... we got blue guns for safety reasons). With all our gear, we got to look like this:

Here I am in the full uniform
Then we got PT "workout" clothes:


I did my 1.5 Mile run and though it was hard I was happy with what I received. I have my bench press test tomorrow and an agility course to follow. I'm glad I get 2 months to improve so I can be even better! As I get more updates, I will make sure to provide the occational interjected post from c's constant posting! Miss you c!
-D ... a currently cadet D... later to be Ranger D!
1 comment:
yay! looking great. i would be dead already. the other day we hiked like 3 miles and the next day i was so sore it was pathetic. good luck ranger d!!
Post a Comment